Character Development Exercise…
The following are partial (censored) excerpts of Blue Lines antagonist Blue Hurt’s character Development Worksheet(s).
* Given Name:
Blue Hurt de Gonzales
– gender Male
– age 20 years old
– height 5”10’
– weight 180lbs
– hair color/style long braids, either in corn rows or long braids
– eye color Brown
– clothing style usually sweats, since he is at school, or a hoodie and jeans and a hat.
* Race/ethnicity: Black/Cuban American
Make sure to keep in mind:
– How did your character get here from there? He transferred from NYU.
– What was their life like before the story began? He was a junior at NYU, but after the passing of his maternal Grandfather, he focused most of his attention on providing mental and moral support to his family, almost learning how not to feel. That time and effort spent tending to his family negatively affected his junior year, and the subsequent year he transferred to UNC Chapel Hill, to begin his junior year again. His best friend Renee Turner also transferred to UNC that year.