Apple, Atlanta Dream, Atlanta Hawks, Blue Lines, college, family, Google, Hip-Hop, How To Make It In America, iPhone, iPod, Joi Gilliam, Kat Goduco, Michael Jordan, MicroSoft, NBA, NCAA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, What I Learned, WNBA, women
What I learned…
Sunday evenings will now be titled, What I learned Sundays, recapping the prior weeks events etc. This week’s entry, will be the last two weeks.
– Went to do karaoke for my girl Kat’s birthday, unfortunately didn’t get to do my song I signed up for, ran out of time.
– Did I mention it was “Yo Karaoke” at Pal’s Lounge and Joi Gilliam (your favorite singer’s favorite singer), my favorite female artist of all time was there…I even got a hug!!!
– I re- learned…common knowledge…that although their computers are garbage, Apple peripherals (not the moronic iPad) are the hottest guilty pleasures (iPod, iPhone).
– Google Maps on the iPhone is the $H!T!!!
– To make sure to value any and all relationships, you never know who is looking out for your best interests based on the smallest interaction
– That “How To Make It In America,” is a hot show that has me ready to live the artists’ life in New York.
– Saw Michael Jordan, the GREATEST EVER!!!
– That friends are friends regardless of the time between the last time they saw each other. Thanks Greg
– Family is the greatest too, thanks cuzzo.
– That warm weather causes women to wear things that are just amazingly inappropriate, but quite a pleasure to look at.
– It also makes some of them put on some stuff they shouldn’t…especially in Atlanta.
– College campuses are beautiful places.
– How to be a better leader.
– That our lives are too dependant on technology and that I don’t mind at times.
– That human interaction is still the best.
– That I hate voicemail.
– That assistants are good…especially, well can’t write that.
– That I wasn’t surprised that my manuscript needed work, despite how much I love it.
– That I wasn’t mad, when I found it I had to go back to it.
– That I have an ear to listen, even when my friends don’t take my advice.
– That there is no greater feeling than walking on to a professional field of play…especially in the playoffs…especially if you are a part of it!!!
– That the most irrelevant things can make your day sometimes.
– That God created Hip-Hop…he just stopped producing it about 5 years ago.
– Learned that we have to make the best of life, I lost a cousin and her mother (aunt) in less than a year.
– Trying to figure the last post out, how to make the best.
– That there are songs that echo every single part of my life, good and bad.
– That I need the biggest iPod…or a bigger iPod, due to having 150 GB’s worth of music on my PC.
The manuscript Blue Lines is the fictional coming of age narrative of a young California woman KLW, and her 2 year growing journey through school, love, and life period piece, written by Kenneth Suffern, Jr., taking place at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill between the years of 1997 – 1998. Loosely based on true events, and experiences during that time, told through the eyes and voice of the main female protagonist, a freshman first attending the school.