30 Day Photo Challenge, 4, A Picture Of Myself With 10 Facts, Atlanta, Blue, Blue Hurt, Blue Lines, Blue Lines Blog, California, Cuba, Cuban, Day 1, family, Jamaica, Jamaican, Key Yemaya Walker, manuscript, MW, Photography, poetry, Prose, Starbucks
1. My favorite color is “Blue”
2. My favorite number is “4.”
3. I am of Cuban lineage, and I know that side.
4. I am of Jamaican lineage, which I know nothing of.
5. I wrote a fictional manuscript, now over 400+ ppgs, about real people. I have written a bunch of poetry and short stories, and I have had a poem published once.
6. I Love Starbucks coffee. I really don’t drink other types.
7. I think more than I speak.
8. I bore easily when I’m not challenged.
9. I am very family oriented.
10. I am faithful, almost to a fault.
The manuscript Blue Lines is the fictional coming of age narrative of a young California woman Key Yemaya Walker, and her 2 year growing journey through school, love, and life period piece, written by Kenneth Suffern, Jr., taking place at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill between the years of 1997 – 1998. Loosely based on true events, and experiences during that time, told through the eyes and voice of the main female protagonist, a freshman first attending the school.